Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I'm in the DR- December 11, 2013

I think daily WOW I AM IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC it is just a crazy thing. But I love it.

First, My journal is like 3-4s of the way done, just letting you know.

One thing awesome that is going on is that Nene, our ward mission leader, and Miguel, the branch executive secretary  are both beginning their papers to go on a mission!!! It is really exciting because they really need the mission and the missionary force really needs them. I can really testify of the importance of missions and how much we can be helped more than anything, because we only begin the journey for a few people but our eternal state is changed by these 2 years serving the Lord. 

Jeancarlos and Lucia are hopefully going to be baptized this weekend. We think that they are ready for the baptismal interview, but we will see. At times they are a little embarrassed, but I love those kids and I am trusting that the Lord will make up for the things that Elder Cannon, Villanueva and I have lacked in our lessons with them. Chelo is thinking a little bit about his baptism, not that he doesnt want to, but he has the fear that he is going to enter in then some day give it up. We tell him that really he cannot know if he will give it up in 2 years, but he has to say every day that he will try and continue forward until the end of his life. He has taught us a lot. But I explained this to a friend Elder Gifford in the zone, and he said that one thing that he learned from a other guy in construction is that when you are walking on those high rise iron bars, ¨Once you stop is when you begin to fall¨. Too true.

My shoes are getting destroyed by this mud and dirt road terrain, I need to look soon for a shoe repair man to help me out before they break too much.

On christmas, I was thinking that maybe we could just use google plus!  You guys just need to make me an account and make it so I have no connections through that to anyone else and then we can use it. Because we cannot talk on the phone on the conference call, people here dont have phones for international calls. and the church phone you guys would have to call back and I am not sure how that would work. I will let you know what time next week. Let me know the info next week!!

Love you all, I am almost at 5 months WOOAHHHH this is too fast. I am loving life here and I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store this next year of 2014.

Dallin


No comments:

Post a Comment