Monday, December 23, 2013

SLOW but good week!- December 18, 2013

So we had a pretty solid week. We started with wednesday, where after emailing you guys we had an AMAZING AMAZING LESSON with a haitian named Michel, which was really just a spiritual experience. The spirit was super strong, we set a baptismal date, I just hope we can continue to find him, thats a big problem here. People just arent there when we are passing by.

Thursday we went to santo domingo only to return because Elder Villanueva only had to sign one paper for his passport. 

But saturday we had Yancarlos and Lucia´s baptism!!!!! IT WAS SO GOOD! Their dad, Gregorio, baptized them and he was so happy. They seriously are one of my favorite families to visit, I cant explain it but less than 4 months here have given me a real for these people in Villa Gonzalez. I guess that is waht happens when you try and serve as the Lord would serve. The Lord is all about love, and when we try and develop attributes like him, we become all about love as well. 

Sunday I was able to confirm Yancarlos! That was a really great experience. I know it wasnt me but the Spirit speaking through me, but I know that he, Yancarlos, has real potential to make a difference in the world. He is such a great kid and I am so happy I had the opportunity to help him come closer to Christ. Chelo came to church and he has everything going good. 

Yesterday we had a Zone Conference which was AWESOME. It was all about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and it just reminded me of the experiences I had in which the Atonement  carried me through the toughest of times. I cant explain the happiness I feel all the time here as a missionary, even when I get a little frustrated it is only because I know I can do better and I want to help these people more.
I got a lot of mail, thanks for all of that. I am hoping to write back but as the Missionary Manual says, we can only write letters on Pday so I probably wont get back to a lot of you for a little while. But the Stones´ package arrived and I loved it as well. With the calendar and Grandpas quotes. THAT WAS THE BEST GROUP OF QUOTES I HAVE EVER READ I am really proud to be his grandson. He is such a strong believer in these things. 

Thanks for everything! I hope to have an email with a google plus account when I am on the computer next week, we are going to call at 4pm here so 12 pm there. Yeah day light savings is not a dominican thing to do. 

I am stoked to talk to you all next week! I hope you have a wonderful time with Dane also! 

Love, 

Dallin

1. We walked to a waterfall today as a zone, this is Elder Kueser from South Jordan Utah. No, he doesnt know the Mcarthurs


2. YANCARLOS AND LUCIA Theyre so cute and funny

No comments:

Post a Comment