Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Dominican Dreams- May 13, 2015

I really felt good talking to the family on Mother's day, it was a real treat! Once again it felt like it came and passed really quickly, but it was a good moment. I hope that all keeps going well like it is now, our family is very blessed.
Mom, for Mother's day I couldnt tell you too straight up one thing I wanted to say. In these last few months I have really been realizing WHY I am here. People ask us why, and it is a good question. It is to help God complete with his plan! His plan that he has given us is called The Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way that we can achieve the lasting happiness on this earth. In the life to come, all the blessings that we recieve will depend on how well we lived the Gospel! Now, I never had missionaries at my door to teach me about the Gospel. Why did God put me in that spot? Who knows? We can ask Him when we are with Him after this life why He put me where He put me. But he gave me 2 people, Blake and Dana, as my parents so that I could know what I know and do what I do. I havent been perfect and I havent really been the best at taking advantage of Mom and Dad's incredible desire to help, but WOW WHERE WOULD I BE WITHOUT THEM. Dad has been my example, my hero, and my leader. But having Mom in the house almost 24/7 has made me into what I am today. Thanks for everything! I see people that don't have the opportunity that I have had, but it is incredible to know that GOD HAS BLESSED ME WITH THE BEST MOM (and DAD as well) IN THE WHOLE WORLD. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.
Now, this week was good. I have still been reading in 3 Nephi about the gathering of Israel, and WOW it is incredible how I am a part of this. We need to be righteous because just as easily as we have recieved this opportunity, we can lose it through stiff neckedness and other prideful patterns of our lives. I am so thankful to be a missionary!
Today I recieved the opportunity to pass through Santiago a little, and I saw my 3 families, Vives and Mercedita, Tania (Wandy was working), and Familia Polanco. WOW what a great think that that was. I was able to go with Elder Moses and we were able to see how their testimonies still burn stronger within them. God really has helped them a lot to keep strong, and I am so glad that I recieved the opportunity to work in order to help them and show them this Way. Vives is still going strong, and next month will turn 107!
My birthday was a good day, I was able to go on an exchange with Elder Stanisclaus. He is from Grenada, and it was really cool. We had a few good lessons, and he, even though he has a little bit of problems with spanish, HAS SUCH A STRONG SPIRIT. He loves people, and just tries his best to be the best. He has been a member for 1 year and 4 months and did not have a very pretty past, but now he is so cool. We really felt that the lessons that we taught helped the people so much! One was with a return missionary sister and her non member mother. We were just there to share with the sister, but I decided to involve the mother as well. And I asked her a question, "Hermana, usted cree que si fueran juzgados ahora mismo, usted y su hija estarĂ­an en los cielos juntas?" (sister, do you believe that if you were to be judged right now, you and your daughter would be together in heaven?) and she said that she wasnt sure after thinking a little bit. I told her that THAT is our purpose. NOT make her just MORMONA, that doesnt mean much in the end. But we do believe that she must do certain things, and those things are found in Christ's restored church, to be saved WITH HER DAUGHTER. Our goal is to help them be happy FOREVER AS A FAMILY. It was a really powerful moment, and God is just helping us so much.
GOD IS GREAT! THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!
Elder Dallin Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment