Wednesday, April 2, 2014

WHAT A WEEK- April 2, 2014

Wow it was basically one of the best weeks of my mission.
But in church we were having so much hope that people were coming. First, this couple named Alex and Marcia came! They are a really nice, but humble couple that we have been working with for a good while. I hope that they keep coming, it was a testimony meeting where many kids went up with their parents and everything so they were wondering about that but it was good, they seemed like they will be going back. Then Gladys and Brianly came!!!! We were so excited. I cannot explain how happy I was!! They said that they really liked it and they are going to go back. This week we have been passing out invitations for General Conference and it was just so wonderful. (For those who want to watch that don't know what that is, its on saturday and sunday on LDS.org). But people are really excited about it  and have plans to go. We were so happy with that day. But we had been fasting and we had no food in the house and no one had invited us to eat in their house, then DIGNA FROM VILLA GONZALEZ CALLED. She said ¨Elder Murphy! We are going to bring you and the other missionaries out there some MORO."   WHAT A BLESSING and then another family in the ward called us and said that we could go, so we ate there then we went back to the chapel and Digna was there with President Steven and his wife Ana with a bunch of food. It was so great  to catch up with the good old friends of my first area. All day Elder Salgado was saying ¨dont worry, the lord will provide¨ and I shouldnt have doubted because HE ALWAYS DOES. 

Remember Del Fin Montaz? We had a lesson with him and Randelfin, his son, yesterday. It was the most spiritual lesson of my life. We read Moroni 8 with them and it was just so amazing. After reading 1 verse (verse 8) he was saying he had received his answer to his questions about baptism. Then we read it all and I said ¨look, you need to know if this is true because if it is, then the church that we represent is the only one that has the authority to baptize and we know that it is NECESSARY for salvation¨. then Elder Salgado talked about receiving an answer and then I said ¨you guys are going to ask here and now. Randelfin, I want to you ask the Lord with all the faith you have in your heart to know if the Book of Mormon is true. Then after you say ¨in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen¨ we are going to sit there and listen. Ok?¨ so we kneeled down together and he gave a really awesome faith-filled prayer. Then he finished and we knelt in silence for 3 or 4 minutes. I was pleading that the Lord could just give them the answer that me and millions before me and after had received. Then Del Fin said ¨Lord, please remove these obstacles from my path so that I can do this. I know that this is what I need, help my family too so that they can get do these things as well¨ The spirit was so strong. All of the fruits of the spirit described in Galatians 5:22 and 23 were felt in that moment. I have never felt so at peace. He thanked us so much, nearly crying, and said that we have done a great work with him and his family. He wants his wife to be more open about it, but we assured him that with time the Lord would permit it. Those are the moments that preach to me that THIS IS THE WORK OF SALVATION THAT THE LORD WANTS US TO DO. This is why I have told people here and at home to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. he that does is will receive the answer. he that doesn't, will be in this state of LIMBO, without knowing for sure what is right. 

I can testify that this is not the work of a man. Joseph Smith was inspired of God as a prophet so that he would begin this great and marvelous work. People say that the Devil wrote that book and began this church. Those who say that don't know me and don't know what this work is all about. One cannot be saved in ignorance. I know that this is what EVERYONE NEEDS. That is why I give people Book of Mormons. That is why I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That is why I am here. Because it doesn't matter who you are or where you are from, this is what you need. And whoever says no it is not, definitely hasn't tried it out still. 

I love you all, I pray for you every day. If I have one thing to say to all that are at home, mormons or no, is read the book of mormon with faith in Christ and I can promise you UNTIL I DIE that you will come closer to him. You all need that book. I say these things as a friend and brother to you all. Thanks for everything you all have done for me, I am never going to regret this time I have had as  a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ.

Elder Dallin Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment