Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I'm on the Lord's Side- April 30, 2014

Here on the mission, it is really surreal to feel the presence of the Lord. Although I am still a little 18 year old muchachito, I love being able to be seen with such power and authority. People don't look at me as Dallin Murphy, the kid who graduated high school less than a year ago, but they look at me as Elder Murphy, missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I feel like I just got here and the time is flying way too fast.
Mom, I understand why you say "dont eat too much carbs!!" but it is a plea to change something that is already set. Forever. The dominicans eat really heavy stuff, and I LOVE IT. But I have eaten rice every day except like 7 or 8 days in the mission, and I am hungry so I eat a lot. Then there is a lot of bread that we buy from COLMADOS which are little stores that sell everyday things but especially food. 5 pesos for a little bread is pretty great, and that is usually my dinner. like 3 or 4 of them. So, I will try and follow your counsel, but dont be suprised if I come home without having eaten much vegetables in my time here. BUT LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE!! I am not losing weight. I am gaining it, but it is ok. I am going to maintain myself lean and handsome for my homecoming. 

But this was a really good week. Elder Salgado finishes the mission next week, so I am going to recieve a different companion. I have been told that possibly I will train, but I dont listen to the rumors because President Douglas is a man to change his mind (for revelation's sake, of course). We have continued finding really prepared people and I really just thank the Lord daily for his love and mercy towards us. We are really unnecessary to him, but he does all that he does because he loves us and wants us to be happy. He works through a bunch of little chomacos as they say in the DR, and he helps us a lot. 

Last night we had a pretty cool lesson, a TESTIMONY that the members are the key in the mission work. We are sharing with a guy named LUIS VASQUEZ. He is really cool and tranquilo and just a prepared son of God to recieve the Gospel of Christ. Last night we went to his house and we talked with the Ward Mission Leader, Edwin Arthur, about baptism. How children dont need to be baptized because, as christ said, in them is eternal life. They are perfect! In Christ we are all saved from the Fall of Adam. So he understood it all, and after a vervent testimony from Edwin, Luis said "So I will do what he did! I will be baptized again" and then we put down a baptismal date for the 14th of june. THen he told us "i wasnt going to talk to you guys anymore... but then I got embarrassed with this nice man here so then i decided to do talk with you." HAHAHA wow what a miracle. 

Jesus Christ lives, and he loves us!! He is the only path back to the Father, and we have got to follow it. He put down the example through baptism, obedience, the organization of His Church, and we just need to do everything we can to be able to do as he did!

Elder Dallin Murphy

ps. I already opened the package THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Dallin Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment