Thursday, June 12, 2014

We Work!- June 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Grandma Murphy!! You are so great. I love you so much and I am so happy for all the advice and all the wonderful memories I have recieived from you. Keep it up, you are one of my heroes!!

What a week! Not anything too insane, but it was a really awesome experience to be a missionary for YET ANOTHER WEEK!! The mission is moving by way too fast, I feel like yesterday I was here writing. I am too blessed!

This Sunday we had 7 investigators in Church, one of them being a family of 5. (Or actually, the dad is less active but he was working. he got baptized a LONG TIME AGO so he wasnt able to come. but his wife and 4 kids came to Sacrament Meeting) and a guy named Anthony and another guy named Alfredo. It was a really cool thing to see how much the Lord blesses us, and I really just hope that we recieve the strength and the ability to help these people as much as we can. Also, last week in Ward Council, we went and it was a super long talk about the mission work. We explained about how we need more help from the members (even though it may have been the nicest, it went really well.) but we have seen real fruits come about from that meeting. We have really high goals this month, and we are hoping to get them done AS A WARD!! 

Our ward mission leader is named Edwin Arthur, a super awesome, humble man that is really trusting a lot in the Lord. He is super excited about the work, he is just going through a lot of trials. He got fired from his job a good while ago, and after getting fired he has decided to not accept any job that requires that he works on Sundays. Now he is really struggling and working hard to just get the food on the table every night for his family. But I try to talk to him and assure him that he is doing what he needs to do and as far as he trusts in God and also goes out and searches for work, he will find one and he will be able to provide for his family. He is a man of great faith, and we are really thankful for all of his help. Actually, he is going to go out with us in an hour or so!!

These people are such good people, and I really want to help them a lot. They have a lot of trials, but miracles are real and they come in the Lord´s time. I am super thankful for the opportunity to help them. THE WORK IS REAL!!

Love you all, have fun finishing high school and take advantage of the time you have because soon THE MAN OF THE HOUSE IS GETTING HOME!! HAHA 

Elder Murphy 2.0

1. We helped with these dentists from utah, and it was pretty fun translating. But now I dont know if I want to be a dentist. It is fine when the work on my mouth but to see them work on other peoples mouths is kind of hard to see and seems pretty sketchy. But they were funny, they asked stuff like ¨whats the weirdest thing you have eaten???¨ and ¨how many times have you gotten held up?¨ then I had to explain that I hadnt eaten anything all that weird... just a BUNCH of rice. and then I told them I had just gotten held up like 8 times or something so they weren't  disappointed HAHA.  no I haven't been held up. They fear me here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment