Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Work Goes On- July 23, 2014

Another week, another email. This is so much fun! This week went pretty fast and pretty well. We now have 7 people with baptismal dates in August, which is really awesome, and it is a real honor to be a missionary here in Hato Mayor. But, next wednesday is transfer day and it is possible that this is my last email from this place. I cant say what I want to happen, but I am just so excited to have another week as a missionary!! 

On Sunday Vitiko, PEDRO JULIO, and this guy named Edward Polanco (less active member) came to church. The Polanco family couldnt come, but theyre still going good. Pedro Julio, the man, came and only could stay for the first hour, but that is okay he is on his way. Edward is a barber that is like the height of my father and has dread locks the length of Camille. AHAHA no, but he came and he really liked it. He is the brother of Roduel, the father of the Polanco Family, but they dont talk much. But it was super cool to see that he came. 

But yeah this week was just a super good missionary week. We taught a lot, found some new people, and just kept pushing this work forward. Elder Simonis is a super good elder, a hard working guy that is just doing all he can to help out these people. I was reading in Preach my Gospel about something that I had read like 100 times, but it got me once again. It talks about what is a successful missionary. Really, the success of a missionary cannot be measured by man. It is the commitment of one to preach the gospel and help the people around him. Commitment means that he will be willing to put off or sacrifice whatever he needs to be able to help the people. Especially the life before the mission. Or his worldly desires. I am not a perfect missionary, but I am trying to commit myself more and more every day. Everyone, at times, thinks about the numbers and different things like that, but that isnt that important. What really matters, simply enough, is the efforts that the Lord sees. He doesnt look at numbers, he looks at our actions and desires and THAT is how he will judge us in the last day. 

We watched the Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration movie with the Polanco Family and it was a super good experience. I didnt get my testimony from him, but from God. However, he was the instrument in the hands of God to restore the gospel that had been lost from the earth. They asked WHY WERE THESE PEOPLE SO HARD ON THE CHURCH?? and all I could tell them was that when God betters his forces, Satan tries to follow the trend. He gets stronger and works harder. But he just cant win. 
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8:31

To the family at the family reunion: I hope that all that are there are reading their scriptures EVERY DAY. That is how I was able to assure myself that I was in the truth, and that is what every single one of you need to do. Going to church and prayers are so important, but when someone focuses on the words of Christ, they will tell him or her EVERYTHING that they must do. So, if you are reading, keep it up. If you arent, GET ON IT!! 

But yeah, I love you all, sorry if this letter was kind of boring, you are all great. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!

Elder Dallin Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment