Thursday, July 31, 2014

TRASLADO A BELLA VISTA- July 30, 2014

So yeah, I was transfered from Hato Mayor... You all have no idea how that was, but I feel like also I was ready to go. It was a little bit strange, but Elder Morgan is going to replace me and work super hard! Elder Simonis is a great, prepared missionary that will keep it all going like we left off. Now I am in Bella Vista, with a new leadership assignment here in the same lovely city, Santiago. Now I can say that I have been a part of all 3 stakes of Santiago, which is super cool. I like Santiago a lot, and I am really excited to do all this good old missionary work here. My companion is Elder Herrera, an elder from Columbia, which is going to be really cool. He is a good missionary, he has about 1 year and 4 months on the mission. 

It was a little bit sad to have to say good bye to so many good people. Hato Mayor was my home for almost 6 months, and I loved every second. One of the saddest moments is when I passed by the house of Pedro Julio and he... wasnt... there. And then I passed by later and he... wasnt... there. I didnt have the opportunity to say goodbye, but life is like that sometimes! Also I said goodbye to a few members, and the Polanco Family. The Polanco Family last weekend went to Puerto Plata, so that is why they didnt get to go to church. But in my last lesson with them I was able to help them recommit to going to church for all 3 hours for the next 3 sundays before their baptismal date, and they were very willing. Man, I love that family. (abajo pueden ver la foto)

But, in the last week of church, we had a family come! Joel, and his wife Yeimi (jaime) and their 8 year old daughter Yeiri (jayree). They only were able to come for the first hour, but they said that they will keep coming and seemed pretty content. Also, Julio Mosquea (with whom we had been working SO LONG) came!! And he stayed and he seemed to like it. He is super awesome, I just hope he keeps going. Then Kerinson Amengual, a less active young guy who works a lot but came for the first time. One of the happiest moments was when he walked in, and then when I went by later and his mom told me "He came home with SUCH a big smile!! And just gave us all hugs, which he never does, and said 'I am going every week over there now!'". In my long time there I had worked A LOT with him to go and read and he is coming along. 

But yeah, it was a good week. I loved it. It is always hard to say goodbye to so many good friends that become a part of you, but it is something you have to do. Then you sit there and have to promise them that you will come back and they just look so sad. But, I have never been happier. 

I love you all, and I hope you all have a great week!! WORK HARD, READ YOUR SCRIPTURES, AND DO YOUR FAMILY HOME EVENING!!! OBEDIENCE TO THE COMMANDMENTS = BLESSINGS = HAPPINESS FOR US = HAPPINESS FOR OUR HEAVENLY FATHER.

Elder Dallin Murphy



D92125C3-3F23-4CFB-8ED6-B561FDA8CA9C

No comments:

Post a Comment