Thursday, October 9, 2014

General Conference- October 8, 2014

General Conference was pretty awesome. Since I have another americna elder in my ward with me, I was able to watch with him in the secretary's office and it was a great! We had air conditioning!! (The rest of the chapel doesn't have air conditioning). It was a really good conference. I cannot explain how much it just helped me realize that the leaders of the church KNOW that opposition is coming BIG TIME and it is just really really important to get our own testimonies. We need to know what we are doing. 

My favorite talks (not in order) were: Elder Chistofferson, Elder Anderson, Elder Oaks, Elder Jorg Klebingat, Elder Uchtdorf in both!, Elder Bednar, Elder Holland and the rest! Wow as I think about it I just love it! It was just the main topic. WE HAVE GOT TO KNOW THESE THINGS FOR OURSELVES!! I really know that Satan knows that the end is coming, and he wants to give his last effort to take down as many of the chosen ones as possible. We are here as members of the Church of Jesus Christ as foot soldiers against his army. And the missionaries do the dirtiest work. That is why I love it so much!!
This saturday we have 8 baptisms in the ward, and 6 different people are going to be baptizing. So there will be a lot of white!! I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed me to be here in the time where people are able to complete with this little path and begin a new, more important one. Tania, Wandy, Yalinet, Yudelis, Vives and Mercedity are all planned to get baptized from our side!! It is just such a wonderful work. 

Keep up the work, you are all in my prayers. Read and pray and you will know. 

Thanks for all you do!!

Elder Dallin Murphy

1. Wandy and I at his wedding!

2. Elder Herrera and I with Tania and Wandy

No comments:

Post a Comment