Thursday, November 6, 2014

¡AGUACERO!- November 5, 2014

AUSTIN HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYY I LOVE YOU MAN!!! Wow, i feel like in the year that we were both missionaries we grow so close together, even though we just wrote back and forth every week. I am proud to say that my older brother was a missionary just like I am now and that I look up to him. Now with his new fancy carrito and celular, he is being blessed temporally just as he is blessed spiritually!

This week has been raining SO HARD. IT was pretty fun, on Monday we had an intercambio and I went to this place called Hato del Yaque to go with Elder Montero. Elder Montero is a good kid and the trainee of one of my best buds, Elder Stegelmeier. It just got raining SO MUCH and this little town has just dirt roads and so much mud and all of the roads turn into rivers. So, we went WHITE WATER RAFTING!!! Just kidding, but we did get really really wet. I like getting wet on the mission, but i got too wet. Luckily, in the last house that we visited, they gave us hot chocolate and it was just a great time!! 

I hear that at home there are a few people with health complications, and I just hope that all goes well. Let them all know that they are in my prayers and that I love them! God is too great and loving to do something that is not for our good. All that we know is that Isaiah 55:8-9 is true: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. It is too true!!

Also, I hope that President Rassmussen is able to come here to this mission to be mission president!! The best mission in the world needs the best stake president there is, and seeing that he opened this city to mission work with a few others, it would be really great. But, the Lord is the one that knows. 

The recent converts are doing well, kind of. In the family that we baptized, there are a few problems but they say that they know the solution but it wont threaten their activity in the church, they say. So, we are just going to be there to help them and we hope that everything goes fine. 

Roberto is back on track, even though his father died so it has been hard to keep up with him. He was diagnosed a month or 2 ago with Parkinsons and Alzheimers, so it was just hard for him. But we saw him come to a house that we were sharing at (his best friend) and he talked a little with us. He said that this week he was going to begin once again and said "Dont worry CALIFORNIA, this is my church." And we were pretty content. 

But yeah, we have more people but we are working little by little. I hope all is well over there and that youre all reading your scriptures!!

Elder Dallin Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment