Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015- December 31, 2014

WOW, 2015 snuck up on me. I remember yesterday when I got my heart broken by the Zone Leaders in Cien Fuegos when they said that I was being transfered from Villa Gonzalez to Hato Mayor... In February. NOW IT IS JANUARY TOMORROW!! That is just insane. Its been a pretty happy time, Christmas was a lot of fun. Also, we were able to find a lot of new people and help the old ones progress on little bit more. The time moves fast, but I just need to try and move faster! 

This week we were able to put a lot of baptismal dates with people that we have been teaching for a good while. We should have done it sooner, but the past has passed, we are in the present and we just need to act instead of wait. Yesterday we shared about the parable of the 10 virgins with Ignacio and Yani, the family we love so much. Ignacio said that he is in the VISA process to go to the USA, and thats why he cannot get married. With that, theyll change the VISA and then theyll have to go wait 7 more years, more or less. SO we werent too suprised, because there are a lot of people that have that worry, or that situation. Not just with the VISA but EVERYONE. There are some things that we just want to put on hold, We just want to wait to complete with the commandments! We can do it tomorrow but today I am fine. It is kind of hard when people dont understand it, but our job is to invite and exhort, not to compell or force. 

This new year I am putting a couple goals down to be able to finish my mission FUERTISIMO and get on into the normal life FUERTISIMO as well. Some of them are (not in order of importance):
1. DUNK
2. Continue with a constant and efficient scripture study every day
3. Open my mouth and share the gospel with everyone!
4. Live in such a way to be able to say that I am worthy of the blessings that God has promised me. 
5. Learn to develop more of the Christ-like trait of Charity in my life. 

That last one is so hard... for me. The pride is a poison and I just need to think more about others. Its the last step to perfection, and someday we all need to arrive to that point. 

Love you all, and I hope that 2015 goes great for all!!

Elder Dallin Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment