Thursday, March 5, 2015

Oh Conani, Conani, Conani- March 4, 2015

It has been an interesting week. So here in Conani, in the district La Vega, this used to be a really strong ward, supposedly, and when the stake of La Vega was put in as a district, it seemed to drop down as a branch and now needs ANIMO or encouragement to be able to become a ward once again one day! That is the assignment that President decided to give me, help this branch become a strong enough unit to become a ward soon. That is how I was working in Villa Gonzalez before, so that is what we are going to once again! Not the exact same, but pretty similar.
We have been looking for a lot of less actives and we have contacted a little bit because in arriving here, there werent a great amount of investigators. There are 2 sides of our area, the rich side and the humbler side, which isnt poor but humbler, and President Rosso, the branch president, has asked us to work on the richer side, since it hasnt been worked on as much as the other part. We are going to do it then, because he is the boss out here. We are going to trust on the Lord because all is possible with His help!
Elder Bartholomew is from Fillmore, UT, and I am his 4th companion. He has about 10 months in the mission and is doing really well. We are going to see how long we are together because they are telling me that I may train my last 2 transfers, but we will see what happens. I am loving it and he is great!
I am really excited to be here. I am thankful for all of your prayers and all that you all do for me! This week in my personal studies I read Alma 33 and I just think about how simple things are in this gospel, and how we just need to take a decision! Moses made the brass serpent so that HE THAT LOOKED WOULD BE HEALED, and it is just as simple today. Just take the decision, look upon the Lord, and obey His commandments. If we think too much the natural man tries to let us know that THIS IS NOT WORTH IT or that WE DONT NEED TO DO THOSE LITTLE THINGS, but those little things are the bricks that build our mansion in heaven.
Love you all!
Elder Dallin Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment