Sunday, August 11, 2013

Email #3/104- August 9, 2013

I've endured eternity in 3 weeks.
HIYA! It was a really long week. I have to say, it has been pretty insane how slow the days go by. I teach a mock investigator in the morning and by dinner I feel like I taught them 3 days before. It is basically the same schedule daily and it is hard to recount what happens.
But last saturday was a pretty crazy day. We ended up going to play basketball for gym time, then I went to play volleyball, and when I came back, turns out that Elder Jones had reinjured his ankle. he already had 2 torn ligaments in his ankle but he was able to play and stuff, then he twisted it again and he couldn´t walk or anything. The next day was fast sunday, so as a zone we decided that it would be a good idea to fast for him. I fasted from 5:30 saturday night to 6 pm sunday for dinner. But by the end of sunday, he was walking around completely fine. It was a pretty incredible miracle. I'm not sure what would have happened in result of us not fasting, but we did and that is not what happened so we will never need to know. but he has to do physical therapy 3 times before he leaves so he gets to go out of the MTC boundaries to the hospital to do so. How fun!
It was great seeing Bekah that one day. I can't remember when it was but I know she came in the last week. I was just marking up my scriptures then it was so amazing to see a familiar face! She told me that you all were just waiting outside and it was weird to think that my mom and dad were a 30 second walk away. I feel like I haven't seen you all in forever! The cinammon bread (i cant spell but hey its whatever i'm a missionary) was amazing and so was the Caramel mashamellow on a stick. I havent eaten the other things yet because I got SO MUCH FOOD this last week. Well at least I got my package with LOTS of food from Alyse, then 2 things of food from the fam back home, and then a 10 pound package from in Cole's words, my "friend", with loads of good food. You can keep them coming if you want but I am pretty set as of right now.
I have been thinking a lot about Grace lately. And the relationship between the grace of God and the works we perform on earth. I found out, what I think, is a really cool analogy. I wrote this more in depth to Dad in a letter today, but Grace is a train, the final destination is Eternal Life and Exhaltation, while our works are the ticket on board. Works are basically Enduring to the end, the 5th component to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I think it is Matthew 10:22 that says those who endure to the end shall have eternal life. It is pretty simple. Our works don't get us to eternal life, but that get us on the train that carries us there.
Our devotional on tuesday was by this Emeritus General Authority named Elder Jensen. It was all on how to study your scriptures more effectively. I don't remember much about it, but Mom asked about it so here you go. I just love the topic of scripture study because the scriptures are how I gained my testimony of the truthfullness of this Gospel. In reading the Book of Mormon, I have come closer to Jesus Christ than I thought I could. The Bible is just as incredible and I love it. I am marking up my scriputures like crazy, I will send a picture home of what they look like because it looks really cute. XD just kidding but I really have done a bunch.
Jacob may be my new favorite writer in the BoM. He is so straight forward and basically says that all the people at his time are more or less going to be thrust down into eternal despair if they don't pick it up.  I compare him to Jeffery R Holland of the Quorum of the 12, he just tells you how it is and how you can be better. My favorite scripture of his is Jacob 6:5, which states "I beseech of you in words of soberness that ye would repend, and come with full purpose of heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you." CLEAVE MY FRIENDS! CLEAVE! I am pretty sure that it means something to the effect of hold on no matter what circumstances arrive. No matter what.
Alyse, I love the pictures on your blog, but can I at least get a few photo credits? I am pretty sure that the best pics on that blog were from ME!
Camille, hey! Keep working hard, I love the emails BUT USE DEAR ELDER WHILE I'M HERE! It is so fun reading all these things from people back home during the week.
Austin, you still havent responded to me once. But I hope all is well in good old canada.
Bethany, how was the HSM marathon with Kayla and Cole? I want to hear all about it. Good luck at the 1D concert, just remember who you are and just because you're the prettiest girl there and if Liam wants to jump off the stand and tell you to run away with him doesnt mean its ok. Ok? He may be a little bit good looking but he can wait for after your mission! WRITE ME. and get on varsity
Cole, you're a silly boy. but really sincere. Keep writing me, I love hearing from you. Keep reading and running, then you'll be the smartest and fastest kid in town!
I was in the bookstore the other day and I was prompted to buy an Iceland Shirt. Best investment I have ever made! I am wearing it right now and I wear it as proud as I could. People ask me if I am going there, but I have to tell the truth because I'm a missionary and stuff!
Well buenos suertes, me encantan sus cartas cada semana.
Peace!

Dallin

No comments:

Post a Comment