Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Spirit is strong in VILLA- November 6, 2013

I know I emailed you saying I wouldnt be able to but I have like 5 minutes to finish this. THE THINGS I DO FOR YOU PEOPLE.

So the computer is SUPER slow so I am not sure how much it will let me write. But anyways, we recieved notice that it is possible that we may not recieve water at our house, or the whole city of Villa Gonzalez, for a MONTH. WOW that would be pretty awful, but we will see. I luckily washed my shirts and pants and socks recently... but I am going to have to find a way to wash and also repeat some clothes. (mother's editorial note:  Ewww!  Stinky boys in the 90 degree weather.  Showers?  Washing clothes???)
MOM SEND THAT PICTURE OF US WALKING ON THE DIRT ROAD  INTO THE ENSIGN! I am not sure what they would do with it but maybe they will make a little mormon ad that says "Work: Taking you to far places" or something REALLY deep like that. I should write those things because I am really profound. 

We had people at church! YES!! We had Gregorio and his 2 kids who are preparing for baptism, Basilio, Fellito, then a friend of Nene/new investigator Chino (like 21), and 2 investigators that are brother and sister, Angel (14) and Elizabeth (22), who Miguel and I went to pick up walking 30 minutes to go get them to walk back like 20 minutes. Sadly, Angel and Elizabeth heard someone mocking one of the testimonies and they were a little saddened by that, but in the lesson we explained to them that its hard to control others and they shouldnt say things sometimes but that shouldnt discourage us. When they told us those things, we were thinking "shoot" but we were on top of it. The spirit really helped us a lot. They liked the singing and the other testimonies though, I taught Angel how to read the music and a young guy Andy taught elizabeth.

Gregorio is the man. We left for an hour on Friday to go visit some a less active then we heard some whistling and yelling behind us. Thinking it was a usual drunk, we didnt pay attention to it. But he yelled "Hermanos!"  and it was Gregorio! He was the first person baptized in all of Villa Gonzalez. He was out of the church for a little while then he prayed for guidance. We showed up the next day and now he is as excited as ever. The Branch President wants to give him a calling and everything! 

Love you all, thats all the time I have for today. The Spirit really does guide his servants when they are living worthily. Missionaries and everyone else. Love you all once again
Dallin

No comments:

Post a Comment