Friday, November 29, 2013

What a wonderful life- November 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Tommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAH!!! GO CRAZY! Invite Jabari Parker over for dinner or something. You can because its your birthday! And happy thanksgiving everyone! I am thankful for Villa Gonzalez and everything it offers to me. I LOVE IT HERE it is literally heaven on earth. I have never grown to love so many people in such a short amount of time.
This week was really different, not being with Elder Cannon. But we worked SO hard. We just worked and worked and worked and worked, I am so happy. We leave the house at 10, come back at 12 until 230, then go back out until 930. I walk fast, which is a little hard sometimes for my comp since he is short but we do it and we rock it. I was told that with Elder Villanueva I need to work hard, and Mom you would be proud. Also, I read in Mosiah 2 22-

22 And behold, all that he arequires of you is to bkeep his commandments; and he hascpromised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth dvary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do ekeep hisfcommandments he doth bless you and prosper you.

And I am using that a lot with my lessons. ALL HE WANTS OF US IS KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS! I love it. and that is what I am trying to do. I was in a lesson with our branch mission leader (his family is less active. His mom went to the temple and everything, but things happen and now we are working with them and also trying to get our mission leader to serve a mission) and I pulled out the Missonary Manual, and said -this is what the lord gives to us missionaries to become the best missionaries we can become. Only through this can we really realize our true potential as missionaries of the church if we keep the rules to the letter.- then I picked up the scriptures and said -this is what the lord gives us as his children so that we can realize our potential as children of God. only through keeping the commandments to the letter can we do it- AND ITS TOO TRUE! THE GOSPEL IS TRUE man I am pumped, commandments are too awesome. He wants to bless us. All we have to do is keep the commandments. 

Also, we taught our English class this week and it was great, we had about 15 people and 12 were hatian men. First we had them practice singing their ABCs and that was pretty great to hear all these guys doing it. Then we had them stand up and guess what we did! HEAD SHOULDERS KNEES AND TOES. Man it was too funny. I was cracking up. Somebody should have taken a video of that golden moment of life. 

We have 3 people on date this transfer to be baptized, the children of Gregorio and Chelo, a guy from the english class. Chelo is one of those things you call a GOLDEN INVESTIGATOR. It really shows the Lords hand in the work when you find such prepared people to recieve His gospel. He reads the Book of Mormon, is praying and told us that he REALLY would like to get baptized, he just wants to keep learning more. Elder Cannon was a little sad when he had to leave from teaching him, but Elder Villanueva and I are working hard to keep him going. When someone really is willing to read, pray and go to church to find their answer, you know the Lord will guide them. 

But yeah, it was a pretty regular week. The best week we have had so far, just like every preceding week. The mission only gets better and better, day by day and I am so thankful to the Lord that I have this chance to have a taste of His work and His glory. 

Oh yeah Andrew came up to Santiago, and President gave permission to come see me! We had lunch then saw the monument. He is pretty great, especially his spanish. He loved everything, and I was so glad to see him.

Love you all, eat lots, and See you soon.

Dallin

1. Andrew and I in front of the monument

2. Elder Villanueva ON the monument!

No comments:

Post a Comment