Monday, December 8, 2014

TRANSFER NUMBER 12 BEGINS- December 3, 2014

Wow, we had transfers today and that marks the beginning of my 12th transfer!! I am like one of those REALLY old missionaries now! My companion got transfered out... to the other room of the house! President Douglas decided to open up a Bella Vista C area and now Elder Herrera is training in the other part of the ward!! My companion now is Elder Mendez... A dominican! Finally!! Also, he is the first companion that I have had that is bigger than me! He is a really good guy. He was in my first zone, and this zone my first transfer here! So we already know eachother and he is really excited to work. A little sad to leave his last area, but really excited. He has 1 transfer more than me.

That was awesome to read about all of the fun trips that the family had for thanksgiving!! You all are great! I loved ESPECIALLY the story of Dad being able to get in contact of his FAMILY from the mission. There is nothing better than see your fruits of your labors. Finally, 30 years later!! That is too cool. I hope that later I can look at the people and say "I helped that person out so that they could accept the gospel". Congrats Dad, youre the man!

This week was a little funky, I had the opportunity to baptize one of the sons of Vives and he was really excited. He is named Rafaelito. So on Saturday we went out there and really loved seeing them so happy, especially their parents. 

Also, we were invited to dinner at Robertos house, where his wife made MangĂș!! And fried cheese and CHICHARRONES!! That means that the wife is beginning to really open up to us and we are hoping that that means that she can start to think about following Robertos footsteps. 

We have been working with Julia, a less active, the wife of Mario, an active member. I really love working with them, and they are super excited. She hadnt come to church for like 7 years, and hadnt even thought about it, but the Lord had been preparing her and we had the chance to help her at the precise moment that she needed. She came to church and was SO excited, saying that she would never give up going to church and everything. 

We are really excited for this transfer that is coming up and we know that the Lord will bless us for hard work and obedience. WOW time is flying, and we are just hoping that the Lord keeps preparing these people. 

On Thursday and on Monday we had REALLY great lessons with Ignacio and Yani, about the family and the Law of Chastity, and they really are at that point where they are just about the take that next step. We are really hoping that we can get the inspiration to know how to get them over this little hump of going to church, but it will happen. I know that the Lord wants it more than we do. He is going to help us!!

Thanks for all you do!! Read your scriptures, pray a lot, and never forget that God is everything we need in our lives to be successful. 

Love!

Elder Dallin Murphy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment